Should I send photos of my newborn twins to their paternal Grandma?

Hubby and I separated for a while when I was 8 weeks pregnant. She does not know we are back together. She does not want us back together. He has not even like tried to tell her the twins are here even. He is scared of his mother. She is a very stereotypical Italian MIL. I think maybe if she knows the twins have arrived that might open up talks between them. I also suspect nothing might come out of the whole thing because she went so far as to demand that he not tell any other family about my even being pregnant with twins. So his Dad does not know nor some brothers, and any other extended family. This woman also hid my previous pregnancy from family which made the whole thing rough when our son arrived.

nycte

Asked by nycte at 1:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Listen, your asking for an opinon so I can't make you do anything but I really hope and pray that you don't act on emotions. Think about YOUR relationship with your husband/SO, I'm sure you don't need this drama and if you don't think "anything will come of it" then why even bother with it and upset your man?

Congrats on the twins, but please please leave the nutso MIL alone, you will regret it.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think that should be up to your SO.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• You guys do what will make you happy. She is not the boss of you and your DH needs to realize that the only opinion that should matter is his wifes. His concern should be you and those sweet babies, and not a crazy mom. Honestly if she wants to be a grump about it all she is going to be regardless, so whether you do what she wants or not it won't matter. Think about this- If she is going to be grumpy regardless, at least your little family should be happy! If you can't be comfortable bragging about something as awesome as new babies, well what can you be comfortable talking about??! Take Care, and good luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 5:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think that she should know that she has grandchildren! Her reaction doesn't matter. But I don't see any need to keep the information or pictures from her.
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 4:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I'm not sure why you wouldn't send her photos. I would just send her a nice card with the photos inside. You could even tell her a little bit about the babies. These are her grandchildren and wouldn't it be nice if these babies could be a healing balm to the family?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2009