If you haven't gotten hit by this flu bug yet..

Take every step you can to avoid it, cause man it's bad. My oldest son hasn't left bed since yesterday morning and when I had it I was 100% sure I was going to die.

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 9:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Health

• Yikes.
    NO!!! and I really hope not. It can knock ya on your ass for 7-8 days.
    Hope he gets better & you too. I had a big talk again with my 6yr old DD to wash her hands alot!!!! I hope we get lucky.
    Hugs....
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• No flu shots here, multiple exposures to various bugs already this winter, and only DS had a non-flu intestinal issue. Zythromax (z-pack) is NOT for the flu, it's for bacterial infections like ear/sinus/upper resperitory infections - good doctors don't prescribe antibiotics for the flu! (last part directed at what older said)
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Taking the kids today to get shots! The horrible thought of the flu and sick kids is not a fun thing at all!!
    Hope your son is on the mends soonest ..
    PS. gatoraid is awesome when kids are sick! it truly brings back the things they have lost!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:14 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I just knocked on wood, none of us have had it yet, thankfully..... I know so many that have. I have been trying to clean everyday, but it's so hard to keep after them at school... I've also been trying to pump them full of vitamin C everyday in hopes it will help their immune system.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• No one in our family has had it yet...but none of us has had the flu in years (almost 7yo DD has never had it).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• There is something called the z pack out there, which is a 5 day antibiotic that is wonderful!!! for the flu! everyone in my family except me has gotten it this year, and have gone through this medication and felt better within 5 days.

Answer by older at 9:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I've heard this is a bad year already. There's been people hospitalized & even a few deaths. Kinda scary. We get the flu shot every year & I am constantly sanitizing. I did some extra Lysoling after my SD & her 3 sick kids left on Sat. I pray none of us gets what they had! Thanks for the heads up & I hope your son feels better soon! BTW- I don't know about the Zpack working on the Flu, but I've heard Tamiflu works if you catch it soon enough. GL!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• we have been lucky, knock on wood!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Antibiotics do NOTHING for the flu as it is viral not bacterial. No flu shots at our house but we did all get the stomach flu (which the shot doesn't cover anyway). We did all get colds too and my LO now has an ear infection because she was stubborn about not blowing her nose and getting all that crap out of there. There are multiple things going around here this year and I just heard on the news that the cold and flu season has been especially bad this year.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I am in Illinois I seen on the news this morning that we are a red state for the flu. I am taking my kiddos in to get the shot. They said that 18 children have died from it .
    sixlilmonsters

Answer by sixlilmonsters at 11:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2013