If having a bd party at school, is an invitation needed for K class?

My DD has attended a party for another classmate. Then the 2nd invite she received over the Xmas holiday she wasn't able to go to. Her bd is coming up in Feb. I can't cover having a party out somewhere so was considering having a small one in the classroom for her. Although the school doesn't allow parties until the last Friday of the month and her bd is in the middle. I was thinking of doing just some gift bags with candy, a cupcake and a toy and maybe a tiara for her to wear. Would a invite appropriate if I'm trying to let the kids know her bd is coming up? Or just make arrangements with the teacher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 7, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• For a school thing no invites are needed. Just make arrangements with the teacher.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Check with the teacher first because they have rules that they go by. I think all the ideas you have will be totally acceptable at school the only thing I would say would be the toy you give your child. The crown is a great thought too :)
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I'd talk to the teacher. I know at our school, we could only bring cupcakes and goodies, no invites, because some kids would bring gifts and others wouldn't and there would be hurt feelings. Plus, all kids are stuck attending because it's school, and not all kids can bring gifts.

The other issue is that some kids will end up getting gifts on their birthday, and others won't because not all moms do this, and more hurt feelings.

Talk to the teacher for sure.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2013