Another Birthday Party Question

So for DD's 7th birthday, we are doing a girly make-over party and then out to dinner. Make-over from 3-5pm and dinner immediately following.

I was originally thinking to put on the invite that dinner was "5pm-??"...leaving the ending time open. But now that I'm ready to order the invites, I'm starting to wonder if that's a good idea...what if you get a parent that drops their kid off at 3pm and then decides to not pick up until 8pm......or if the parent comes at 5:30 and wants to take their kid before food even arrives at the table?

But yet I'm not sure about putting a time either. Would 6pm be too early to pick up? Would 6:30 be too late to pick up? I want the girls to have enough time to figure out what they want, order, eat at a normal 6-7-8 year old pace, and enjoy themselves, but I don't want a lot of waiting for parents at the end either.

Advice?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 9:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would think they'd all be done eating by 6:30. You have a reservation right? You could invite the parents for dessert if you are planning on having cake & ice cream after the meal. Just a thought :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I would put 7 pm as the pick up time just to give them some time.....but you are right about leaving it open some parents will take advantage of that!

Answer by older at 9:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Did I read in your other post you'll be in a mall? Is there a play-place type thing in that mall, or somewhere you can take them, if you would put a time but be done early? If there's somewhere nearby you can go, I'd put 7 and let them know where you might be.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I'd pick a time for sure. Otherwise, you WILL be waiting for somebody!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• The make-over is 3-5, what you could do is arrange with the resturant two meals to choose from that way the girls are not taking all that time choosing. Tell the parents 6 pm. that way if the time is earlier the girls can just be sitting around waiting for their pick up. What you don't want is the parents hovering around and that element of uncomfortableness...
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2013