Would you take this personally and be offended?

MY MIL recently asked my husband for some pictures of his family. So I got a bunch of pictures printed and framed of him, our two sons, and me. When we went to visit her today the pictures were up around her home. But I noticed that every picture that had me in it had been cut up so I was no longer in the picture!! To me this is a slap in the face and shows that she does not like me. My husband just blew it off as nothing and said I am taking it too personally. This was definitly intentional she had to take the pictures out of the frame, cut me out, and put them back into the frame. I have been her DIL for 5 years now and we haven't had any problems with each other. We have always been polite to each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL, I'm sorry but thats horrible! Thats stereotypical MIL stuff right out of the movie. I would be hugely offended but I don't know that you can do anything about it. You can always ask her nice and bluntly what the hell she did that for.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Uh...yea it smacks of "she don't like me." Wow. I'm sorry you got a mean one.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• oh my!!! I would be TERRIBLY upset!!! How incredibly rude of her especially since you did the choosing and framing for her!

What the hell is wrong with people???? I don't have a MIL anymore and I am so thankful for it!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• you poor thing! How mean of her...she'll get hers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• That is absolutely ridiculous! I would definitely bring it up in conversation and ask why. That level of disrespect is unacceptable. Especially if you haven't had any serious problems. For her to remove you from pictures of your family that are displayed around the house is blatant disrespect. She knew you were going to see them. I'd recommend giving yourself a little time to let your temper cool a little bit because you don't want the situation to get worse. When you feel you can truly discuss it you should bring it up.
    tcross

Answer by tcross at 1:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• well if it helps any I stabbed all the pictures of my mother-in-law in them ask her why she did that or maybe she just wanted the grandkids and husband's pictures but it was really mean of her to do that
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• WOW! That was rude!

I saw the title of your question and I thought "He're another whiner, because he husband came home after working 18 hours and didn't rub her feat and listen to her rant about her mom"

(Not saying all men are great but there are alot of women who have great hubbies and they just complain and whine about EVERYTHING, But I digress).

Then I read what you wrote & my stomach sort of sank. That's really crumby of her, what's wrong with her and your husband for that matter?

Really look into that action because, for both of them to just be so la di da after 5 yrs of "getting along" there is something there you don't know about. Maybe she's a psychitso(sp?) or maybe she's just nuts.

Good luck with that, see, this is why I am always so greatful that I don't have parent-in-laws, although my mom seriously makes up for that! *sighhhh*
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yeah that is pretty messed up! My MIL has a really bad picture of me (with my husband and our son) up in her house and I cringe every time I see it lol. I think I'd rather she cut me out of that one!! But you have a right to be upset. That's just down right ignorant. If it bothers you to the point that you feel you need to say something but it's too uncomfortable to confront her, maybe convince your husband to just ask her even though HE thinks it's no big deal.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yes, that is totally rude and mean - and furthermore, for your husband to say it is no big deal - that bothers me almost as much as what your mil did.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 2:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• How freakin rude shoot if I were you I would have demanded all of the pics back since you paid for them and framed them what a biotch
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2009