Acne @47

I get these hard sore bumps under my skin mostly on my chin. and my face is oily but flakey....What should I use to combat this mess?

teriehl

Asked by teriehl at 1:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• For this,  I recommend Mary Kay's Acne Treatment Gel.   Here is where to get it http://www.marykay.com/mrscassandralane
    MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 2:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• you could always use the ProActiv. that works really well. if not, you can always go to the Oil of Olay website and they have a consultant there that asks you all kinds of questions about your skin and what youre looking to improve it. they make all kinds of recommendations. http://www.olay.com/
    ArmyWife1769

Answer by ArmyWife1769 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Mary Kay Microdermabrasion & acne treatment gel!!!
    kimt6

Answer by kimt6 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

kimt6

• First off I would need to know what kind of skin you have to start with. Dry, Normal, Oily, and ethnic background. These factors have everything do with determining how you treat it.  What kind of skin care regime do you use now?  If your skin is dry and flaky the worst thing you could do is put any kind of drying gel on it. It could be hormonal related and for that you would need help not only on the outside but on the inside to balance your body chemistry.  If you have questions feel free to contact me or just post them here.  

Michele

Texas Certified Makeup Artist

motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 6:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• There is a mask thats really nice, its called "Queen Helene Mint Julep" its in a white tube with a green cap and green print. Wallgreens or Walmart both have it, and its only $3.00 or so. It helps dry up acne and absorb oil. For my daily routine I use St. Ives acne apricot scrub, PanOxyl 10% acne wash bar, and then clean and clear oil free acne lotion. I also use a peel once a week, its by neutrogena (Advanced Solutions facial peel, around 20 bucks)but as the mom above me mentioned, these are all for my skin type, and might not be right for yours, so trial and error might be the best thing.

(PS, I have tried mary Kay products, they made my breakouts worse and gave my sensitive skin a rash.. just an FYI)
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 4:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• oh- try this.. http://www.neutrogena.com/PersonalEvaluation.asp?sEvalType=Facial&sReferrer=

it will evaluate your skin type and give you some recommendations.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 4:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Hi,

So sorry to hear you're going through this issue now. I am an independent representative for Sensaria Natural Bodycare. We have 4 different lines of face care products. Our products are naturally based and free of harsh ingredients like lanolins and mineral oil.

I would love to talk to you a little more to find out some background and any recent changes, so we could find the perfect products for you. Please message me if you are interested in talking. Thank you.
    kittynala

Answer by kittynala at 9:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I really feel for you. I started Mary Kay products when I was 13 years old because of the same reason. I know how frustrating it can be.
    A good skin care routine, not just bits and pieces is the key to help you with your skin.
    I would be more than happy to send you samples and answer any questions you have. I know that it can be overwhelming with all the products out there.
    Feel free to PM me or visit my website.
    www.marykay.com/ahenderson1
    AmyHenderson

Answer by AmyHenderson at 11:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I agree proactiv or go to the store and get something that compares to it one of the facial kits, I have used clean and Clear facial kit and it works well, used practiv, Biore, nutigenia, Clearisl doesn't work well or noxiema. I would take a look and see, I get those hard as a rock lil pebble under the skin things on my chin I thought they were cysts, I was told to try to see if it clears up if it doesn't then go to the doctor. Good luck.
    TwistedMalice

Answer by TwistedMalice at 2:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008