Anyone sell Mary Kay?

I have been thinking of selling Mary Kay? What does it take? I don't have to make a ton of money.

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 7:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I did MK for many years, and even earned my car (just). But moved and lost most of my group MK ‘s great they have some good products. I got tired of quotas and starting over each month. Having 2 or 3 thousand dollars of inventory on hand was not something many of the girls I brought in could do.
    I found Motives which is part of the Market America Family. We have Custom Blend Cosmetics, as well as color cosmetics and skin treatments. We are not considered door to door like MK, Avon, Arbone,etc.... But are Professional according to the cosmetology association. We have a minimum of 18 hours training by certified trainers and are allowed to touch the customers skin because of this. Because its professional we are also able to be displayed and sold on the shelves in salons and spas. Michele
    Senior Motives Consultant
    Texas Certified Makeup Artist
    www.marketamerica.com/swede
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 10:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes, I am a Mary Kay Consultant, and I enjoy it.  Like any business, it takes work, time and effort.  To get started, it costs $100 plus tax, which covers the cost of your starter kit.  You stay an active consultant, you are required to submit a monthly wholesale order of $200, in which you will recieve a 50% discount, what I mean is if your customers orders total $200, the company will send you $400 worth of product, so the extra products, you would sell that and put the extra $200 in your pocket.   Send me a message if you would like to learn more. 

http://www.marykay.com/mrscassandralane

MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 8:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I did it and to be honest it wasn't worth it. out of the 6 people I know who started it only one kept it up over two years and she admits she dosen't really make anything out of it.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I just started, so I can really offer too much advise yet. My understanding of active status is a little different than stated above. I was told that it is $200 wholesale...which gets you $400 in product. But it is quarterly...so when you spend $200, that gets you the month you purchased in plus the next two months to receive the 50% discount!
    www.marykay.com/candicekramer
    hipmomof2

Answer by hipmomof2 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i tried mary kay and liked it at first, but it got old quick. back when i was a consultant we only had to put in 300 dollars wholesale every three months to stay active, but that was a year ago so i guess they've changed it. now i'm into avon and i love it! i caught on to it immediately, the products are way cheaper and just as good so it's easier to sell, and there's no minimum quota. plus, you dont have to pay 115 dollars to start up, with avon it's just 10! you'll make that back with your first sale. i did!

i have a video about avon on my page, u should check it out (only 1 min long, wont take up much of your time) hope this helps and keep it touch

good luck!
    HisAnointed08

Answer by HisAnointed08 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I tried Motives, they are high! I wanted to get the mineral makeup, I've been looking around for the best prices and they charge like $35! I thought Mary Kay was expensive....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Motives is higher than walmart or drug store brands because it higher quality and lasts longer. Because we are a product brokerage company and don't manufacture anything we get many of our products from the same supplier as mac. Bottom line is the pay program is so much better and you never loose volume you worked hard to earn. Its like comparing shopping at walmart to shopping at Neiman Marcus
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 1:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Hi there,
    I know you were asking about Mary Kay, but I thought I would mention a new line that is out.
    They doctors that created Proactiv have their own skincare lines now and they are looking for consultants to rep their products.
    Their products are amazing. They have prescription medication in them to make a real difference in your skin.
    We are a bit different in the fact that you do not have to have home parties, carry stock or deliver product to customers.
    Its an amazing opportuntiy to get into a company on the ground floor level.
    If you would like to chat about this opportunity feel free to contact me at freshfacegirl@hotmail.com
    Loveyourskin

Answer by Loveyourskin at 8:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008