Im 23 and feel im depressed. help

Im 23 and dont have many friend try as i might i just cant seem to keep any, either i say something wrong or i move or they move. I had to move back into my parents home unless i wanted to live on the streets. I got a job so im saving up, but my 20 yr old brother already has a job lined up for when he graduates this winter. I've never been in a relationship and have been called ugly all my life. I cant sleep at all and i eat fattening foods like pizza nachos and things like that when i feel down. I cry in the middle of the night. I want to go out and do things like an adult does but everytime i try i fail and that depresses me. I had seizures when i was 5-10 so all the depressing medicines that says may causes seizures i cant take. I am going to talk to someone but i feel as awkward as this may sound they will judge me and feel like im just another person with sad problems.

candycan999

Asked by candycan999 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Go tall to a Dr./Psychiatrist if needed to figure out something you can take. You do sound really depressed. As hard as it is stay strong and don't feel worthless. You can get better & you will you just need a little help. Does your parents know? hang in there & I hope your app. goes well.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Get to your doctor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• hugswow, except for the age, the seizures and the brother thing we are very much alike. Depression sucks. I've suffered from it as long as I can remember. I've seen doctors and talking to them hasn't been productive. I do know that seasons make a difference in my depression, foods make a difference and lack of movement makes a difference. If we can change those then perhaps we can get some relief from the depression so we can feel good about ourselves again. PM me if interested. Hold my (figurative hand) and we can get each other through this.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• The first thing I'd suggest is to see a psychiatrist. Maybe they can find an antidepressant for you that doesn't cause seizures. Talk therapy might be good too.

At this point I wouldn't worry about friends. It's okay to not have them and it's okay to go do things on your own. I've been stabbed in the back by "friends" enough times. Right now just work on you. Do you have any hobbies or interests? The best thing to do is stay busy!

FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 9:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2013