Does your DH/SO walk right past the full garbage can like he can't see it's about to overflow?

and/or add to it and the stuff is about to fall to the floor and he just jams it down?
Garbage is his job,but somehow it has become mine lately.
Earlier I asked him to take a box out to the recycling bin,and he takes the box off the top of the full recycling can in the kitchen, and just takes out the box. Duh! I get the look like "you just asked me to take out the box"
Apparently I have to spell it out next time.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I asked him to take it out five times yesterday, I kicked it down the basement steps as he was walking down them. He cleaned it and took it out lol... I was way grumpy yesterday
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• We just had a big blowout fight about this.
    I am the slob (in his opinion), but if I didn't have to keep picking up and cleaning up the trail of shit HE leaves everywhere, maybe I would have time to pick up MY mess!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Most of the time, yes. I think I asked like 3 times one day last weekend before I started to do it myself and he jumped up and handled it. Although he did call me at work one day last week to tell me the laundry was done and folded, the kitchen was clean, the Christmas decorations were all down and put away, and dinner was in the crock pot. I had to ask where he was keeping my real husband, and if he could please keep him there.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Yes!!! And apparently have to specifically ask him to take it out, even when I have it all ready for him to take and it's sitting right there by the door for him to take out on his way out.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Yes & he also actually steps over the full laundry basket filled with dirty clothes placed at the top of the stair case & when It's clean he steps over the clean folded clothes in the basket that go back upstairs. Aparently we have a house elf that brings the heavy basket up & down as far as he knows.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Nope, it's not his job, it's our 16 yr old sons. He knows there are consequences if he doesn't take care of it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• well, it's my sons job...so yeah
    but most everyone ignores it until I ask him(son) to take it out or I do it myself!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Nope... my dh does almost all the household chores... Im embarrassed to say that sometimes I feel incredibly lazy... :( I mean, I work long hours, but I really dont do all that much around the house.... I should probably fix that.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• No, my hubby is quite the opposite. He almost never allows me to carry out the trash.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• That's a man for you . My DH will not clean the kitchen up.

Answer by louise2 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2013