Seriously you guys...save me!

What is up with DD?!?!

Her schedule is non existent now. In the past 48 hours this child has not slept. Not in the sense that I mean. Where she is down for 7-8 hours.

She power naps. Yes POWER naps. Because when he gets up from that nap she is ready to GO and I don't know how much more coffee my system can take.

DD woke up early sunday morning. About 6 or 7. Stayed up till about 12 and then tried to go to sleep. I said NO!

Took her out for a walk and she kept falling asleep while walking. I was like, "really?? you look drunk. and no one likes a drunk chick." (LoL)

Took in the house and she seemed to wake up a bit. So, I put on wonder pets, gave her her crayons and went downstairs to start another load of dishes. All of 10 minutes. When I went back up she was asleep with a crayon in her hand lol

No matter what I did to wake her up she just kept going back to sleep. She slept on and off from 1:30 ish pm till 5 pm.

Woke up for all of 2 hours and crashed again. This has been going on since then. She does down for about 1-3 hours and then back up again for another 2-3 hours.

Help!

Called her pedi and the nurse said, "Patterns change in toddlers fairly often. I wouldn't be worried."

Easy for her to say. I'm running on fumes here.

Any suggestions?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 12:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Truthfully the only thing you can do is force her to sleep less in the day. Make her get up at a certain time in the morning. Try to force a schedule time on her.
    Nap time let her sleep. Wake her up in a hour.

Answer by louise2 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• That's what I'm confused about. She had a schedule. Prior to Sunday. She would either wake up on her own or I would get her up between 6:15-6:30.

Gets the boys out the door and to school. Come back have breakfast, the never ending games she likes. Watch some nick jr. Get Dh up for work. Leave to get the boys while she stayed home with dh. Be back home by 3pm. Walk the block a few times while the boys start on homework.

Come in play some more. Eat dinner. Take a bath about 6-7. After the bath little bit is gone lol. Always out by 8.

Something happened Sunday that wore her out and threw her into nap time mode. Now it's naps naps naps.

Dh says maybe she didn't sleep well the night before, so when she woke up that Sunday morning she was probably still very tired. I can understand that.

*shrug* regardless, I'll be working on putting things back in line over the next few days. Since I'm up, gonna start dinner early.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I know that my son has issues waking up from naps or in the AM and alot of that can be overcome with his mindset. Let her nap (on what would be a normal schedule) but tell her as soon as nap time is done she can do, go or eat something very special to her that is not part of the normal routine. When you try to wake her from nap remind her Its time too...make fairy dust (or whatever) a shorter nap will promote sleep. I am not sure if melatonin is the answer but there are natural things that will promote sleepiness, warm milk, peanut butter, turkey. If you don't want her to sleep you might want to give her a tub--contrary to what common belief is, a bath will actually wake a child up not put them to sleep (according to a Doctor and a few books I have read). Try to keep her in the same behavior pattern, books, teeth brushing and so so that she will eventually fall back into the routine. In the meantime try to get a nap in!
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2013