Seriously you guys...save me!

What is up with DD?!?!

Her schedule is non existent now. In the past 48 hours this child has not slept. Not in the sense that I mean. Where she is down for 7-8 hours.

She power naps. Yes POWER naps. Because when he gets up from that nap she is ready to GO and I don't know how much more coffee my system can take.

DD woke up early sunday morning. About 6 or 7. Stayed up till about 12 and then tried to go to sleep. I said NO!

Took her out for a walk and she kept falling asleep while walking. I was like, "really?? you look drunk. and no one likes a drunk chick." (LoL)

Took in the house and she seemed to wake up a bit. So, I put on wonder pets, gave her her crayons and went downstairs to start another load of dishes. All of 10 minutes. When I went back up she was asleep with a crayon in her hand lol

No matter what I did to wake her up she just kept going back to sleep. She slept on and off from 1:30 ish pm till 5 pm.

Woke up for all of 2 hours and crashed again. This has been going on since then. She does down for about 1-3 hours and then back up again for another 2-3 hours.

Help!

Called her pedi and the nurse said, "Patterns change in toddlers fairly often. I wouldn't be worried."

Easy for her to say. I'm running on fumes here.

Any suggestions?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 12:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh yeah I forgot to say that she got up about 11 last night. Stayed up till like 7. Went down from 7-9 and has been up since.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Melatonin  give it to her when you want her to go to bed.  I heard it was ok to give to children.

Answer by louise2 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• As much as it is going to kill you, I'd start with keeping her going all day today. Do not give her any down time to fall asleep. Go to the park, run laps in the back yard, play tag in the living room. Make her walk with you around the neighborhood. No sitting still until you're ready for her to pass out for the night. Hopefully, that will exhaust her enough to sleep for hours at a stretch, and reset her body clock so that she'll start sleeping normally again. You might even have to do that for a few days.

If that doesn't work, and she really doesn't seem like she's going to settle back into normal sleep on her own, then I'd call the doctor for an appointment. I wouldn't give her anything without checking with the doctor first.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• She's like a baby terminator.

As I type this she is on her tryke singing, "I'm the princess. I am. Me. Not you. Not you mister fuzzy. Not you lady bub bub. Me. I'm a princess. Princess. Princess."

Must. Record. This.

I want whatever she has. I could get sooo much done.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Wendy..

I was thinking that. I should have kept walking the other day, but she was tumbling over. I would have ended up carrying her anyway. I'm gonna give it a few days. (Oh help me)

4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• When this happened to me I learned to sleep when she slept.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• sounds like she is sleeping during day
    of course she will not sleep at night
    Anonymous

• how old is your child?

http://www.naturalsleep.org/is-melatonin-safe-for-children/

i would read up on melatonin and get advice from your medical professional before giving to a young child

it does have side effects, and young children are different than adults for taking over the counter ANYTHING

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• :( is she getting sick? or caffeine from some source, like chocolate?

could be growth spurt too
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• No caffeine. She's 3. Sleeping during the day?? It's 12:30 and she is wired. The problem is she is sleeping at all wierd hours. I can't really sleep when she sleeps.

The boys are in school from 7-3. Once they are home I'm up making dinner, helping with homework and making sure people get to bed on time.

She has to sleep at night.

I can't ask dh to help. He works night shift. He's asleep now. When he's home, he's sleeping. When he's awake he's at work. No go for me.

4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2013