Wine recommendation please?

I really dislike wine but I want to be traditional on Valentine's Day and have a glass (or several hehe) with my sweetie. I don't like the after taste of most wines. They are just yucky to me in general. However, I love fruity girly drinks. Can anyone recommend a good fruity wine that is good for non-wine drinkers?

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 2:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• hey boones farm is great lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 2:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• the arbor mist or wild vines strawberry zin is a good one and the blackberry merlot, if you had more time to get it i would suggest a honey wine called honey mead made by honeywood winery in salem oregon, it is really smooth and its the only one i can drink because im not really a wine person but for some reasont he honey wine is easy to drink.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you want to try something a little more sophisticated, try a Muscat Canelli, a white Riesling or a Viognier. All of them are sweet white wines. "Obsession" by Ironstone is a good white that is sweet without seeming too girly for a man.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Try Moscato. It's a sweet white wine. Moscato Di Asti is one of my favorites.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 4:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I agree with the 1st poster- Boone's Farm has several awesome flavors and it is relatively cheap too!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Blech, Boone's is gross, IMO. It IS cheap, if budget is your thing. I was going to say what gdiamante said. A Reisling or Viognier are great choices. They're very light and fruity wines. A good blush wine also is sweet, so if you want to go pink, White Zinfandel is a great choice. White Zin is also affordable...I'm from Northern California, so I'm a total wine girl.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 12:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Lambrusco. You can get a bottle at the grocery store for about $5. I like it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you don't really like wine, I would try a white zinfandel. I usually don't like wine either, but I do like that! You can find some pretty afforable ones too.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• How about a Sangria? You can make it at home with red or white wines. Theres is tons of recipes online.
    mommy05300706

Answer by mommy05300706 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009