Am I too pushy? LOL

I am very firm in some of my beliefs (I am not referring to religious in this question), and sometimes my friends attempt to argue their case against what I think and sometimes know. I try not to argue with them, just to state my point so I feel like I informed them of something they should know. Like I don't buy my daughter toys or clothes from China, and I buy my produce from the USA whenever possible. These are just a few examples. But my friends argue that non-organic produce imported from other countries and toys from China are just as safe as anything I buy. I feel they are wrong, so I will present them with facts in the honest hope that I can inform them of something that can change the impact these things have on their children. But sometimes I feel like I am coming off as pushy, like it's my way or nothing. But if I just go along, I feel like I am not telling them things they SHOULD know. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Every mom thinks their way is best. As long as you don't push your beliefs down their throats you are ok. It is when you start to get pissy when others don't agree and live the way you do that you will begin to have a problem.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i dont see anything wrong with stating your opinion as long you arent mean about it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• have you tried NOT pushing your beliefs on people...

you raise your daughter how you want to, let others raise their kids how they want to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yes, I'm not trying to tell them how to raise their kids, I am trying to inform them of the real dangers in the foods they eat and the things they do. I am in no way trying to tell them how to raise their kids I just know they don't know these things and I don't know if it will change their opinions or anything, but I feel like if something happened to their kids or something because of something i knew they were not paying attention to and were not informed of, and i didn't say something to them, i would feel horrible. I would want someone to tell me if they knew something I had or ate or whatever was really dangerous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I just wouldn't bring it up with them at all. Think about it, if they were as concerned as you are then they would already know. Thats the issue, they don't know because they don't care. If they don't care then you are just wasting your breath telling them about it all anyway. I know it may feel like you are helping them, but they are prolly annoyed with it. It is great though that you are concerned with your childs belongings like that.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i think if you are both talking about it and the other person is giving their opinion and belief on the subject then you should be able to give yours. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Thank you BabyBeans
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think you sound a little pushy, let them be the parents they want to be. If they wanted to be educated they would do so themselves. It's sounds almost like someone trying to push a product or any belief on them and they don't really want to hear it from you or anyone else. I am not trying to be mean but I have a friend and a neighbor that speaks to me like that and it is about things that I know make no sense. We are only as smart as we think we are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• goodno problem!

BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think being a lil pushy is ok. Not that you are, it would really come down to HOW you said it not WHAT
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2009