Really? your dad said he doesnt give a fluck?*language sorry* adult content

so my dd (20) is going in on thursday to get an new IUD (paragard) long story on why she is switching from mirena to paragard, anyway to what happened, my dd's df got called into work for the rest of the week, and understandably he cant take off that day because they need his help on this job, he was going to go with her just in case she got dizzy or blacked out from getting her paraguard put in. so she calls me and asks if i could take thursday off to help with monkey (my grandsons nickname) and to drive her to and from the OB and if i couldnt she'd just ask amanda or clara.

so i tell her id ask my boss and call her right back, my boss of course says yes (shes an ex ob) and i call my dd back and say i can help for the day but i have to leave at 6 to be back in time to take a shower ad go to bed....then i ask why she didnt ask her father (im 2 hours away from her but shes my only baby and i dont mind helping) she told me this "i asked him the same thing i asked you, if he would mind taking me to the ob just in case im not able to drive home after.he told me to put on my big girl panties and figure this petty fucking shit out myself, when i told him the nurse on the phone told me its normal for women to pass out while getting paragard put in he said he didnt give a fuck and to figure this shit out on your own." wow now i really remember why i divorced him

anyway so my question to you is, if your dd called and asked you or your husband if you would mind helping out that day,would you say yes and gladly go help or would you tell her to figure it out on her own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I would help.
    That is a dickish attitude no doubt & the topic of why she is going probably annoys him more.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• @sarasmommy777 he took her when she got her mirena put in, so i honestly dont know why he's acting like this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I almost always help out although I have told my kids that they are adults and have to figure some of this stuff out. Sometimes that means calling some one to be with you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• @dardenella yeah its only me and her dad that can help(and this is the first time shes asked us for help in 2 years), her aunt is to old and everyone else lives even farther then i do,and my dd doesnt trust her friends watching her son
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I would try to out my DD if I were able to.  Could she have made the appointment around her DF schedule?   Your ex could clean up his language but I think that he feels this is between your DD and her friend to schedule.  It was nice that your boss gave you the day off.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Her aunt is too old?? Hw mny zeros does her age count.
    Anonymous

• @ryansmom001 she scheduled this appointment at the beginning of december and her df planned to take her because he was supposed to have the day off, but crap happens and he got called in for the rest of the week
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• anon her aunt cant even drive thats how old she is so shush
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Shes going to be in a doctors office. What does she expect anyone to do for her if shes the less than 1% that gets dizzy or faints?
    Why cant she drive?
    How old is the kid?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I would help out in a heartbeat. When I got my IUD in when my DD was 6 weeks old I wasnt told I could pass out. I was leaving and stopped by the lab because I knew a nurse there and she made my DD a blanket and I wanted to thank her. I felt sick and had her watch my DD while I used the restroom. I went in there and passed out. I was thankful to be in a clinic and have my DD with someone
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2013