Really? your dad said he doesnt give a fluck?*language sorry* adult content

so my dd (20) is going in on thursday to get an new IUD (paragard) long story on why she is switching from mirena to paragard, anyway to what happened, my dd's df got called into work for the rest of the week, and understandably he cant take off that day because they need his help on this job, he was going to go with her just in case she got dizzy or blacked out from getting her paraguard put in. so she calls me and asks if i could take thursday off to help with monkey (my grandsons nickname) and to drive her to and from the OB and if i couldnt she'd just ask amanda or clara.

so i tell her id ask my boss and call her right back, my boss of course says yes (shes an ex ob) and i call my dd back and say i can help for the day but i have to leave at 6 to be back in time to take a shower ad go to bed....then i ask why she didnt ask her father (im 2 hours away from her but shes my only baby and i dont mind helping) she told me this "i asked him the same thing i asked you, if he would mind taking me to the ob just in case im not able to drive home after.he told me to put on my big girl panties and figure this petty fucking shit out myself, when i told him the nurse on the phone told me its normal for women to pass out while getting paragard put in he said he didnt give a fuck and to figure this shit out on your own." wow now i really remember why i divorced him

anyway so my question to you is, if your dd called and asked you or your husband if you would mind helping out that day,would you say yes and gladly go help or would you tell her to figure it out on her own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• @feralxat, she can drive, shes being prepared just in case she does get dizzy, because if she gets dizzy or black out they wont let her drive home especially with a 18 month old in the car
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• poor girl!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• @lostsoul88 yeah she hears stories like that and just want to make sure her ds will be safe, and they'll be able to get home after
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Well, there could be a couple of reasons when your ex didn't want to help out. He may have had plans of his own and just didn't want to have to tell his daughter what they were. He could be confused as to why she has to have the IUD changed to begin with (happens alot with men, you have to use small words sometimes) when she already has one in. Or, he could just be a raving asshole. Pick one.
    As for helping my kids, it all really depends. If it's an emergency type thing, sure. However, I won't allow them to expect me to bail them out (literally or figuratively) every time they are in a bind. I mean, I know things come up, but you have to be careful about allowing your kids to use you as a doormat.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• He sounds like an asshole. I would gladly help my child out and take her.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• One of my dd I would go help. The other could.......well, figure it out on her own. She made her choices and they don't include me. But on the other hand, that one wouldn't call me for help in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• i would help. part of being a grown up is looking at what could happen and preparing for that. she's being an adult in making sure everything is well planned for this procedure, just in case. imo, she is figuring it out on her own...theres nothing wrong with asking for help.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I do not understand why women choose such dangerous birth control methods. Diaphragms and condoms work GREAT. That said your ex is a Fucking Asshole. Disrespectful and hateful. Your poor daughter - what a dad.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2013