Why are biological parents praised for placing child up for adoption, but for unforeseeable circumstances the adoptive parents replace child for adoption, they are very badly frowned upon?

Why are biological parents praised for placing child up for adoption, but for unforeseeable circumstances the adoptive parents replace child up for adoption, they are very badly frowned upon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Adoption

• by the way, I have three "medically complex" children... two are my biological children and I didn't get a heads up on that tidbit of info before it was consuming and defining my life either, but there is no return policy on children. I know it's hard, but IMHO that's what parenting is. If people can't accept the possibility that it's going to be very VERY hard then they maybe shouldn't be parents given that your kid is going to need you whether they are easy or not. What if a healthy child gets into an accident and needs to be fed, cathed, and PICed every half hour? Do you get to send them back too? Sorry, this really hits me in a sensitive spot. I don't mean to be mean but how do these poor children feel when someone has to tell them "op, just kidding, when we said we'd love you and care for you and be there forever, we meant as long as it is convenient. You're definitely not worth the effort you require". Holy butts :-( :-(
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 9:56 AM on May. 6, 2013

• Wow. I think you should read through all the other questions.
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2014