is it normal to be in this much pain??

its been for about 3 months but it is now starting to get to the worst pain yet.
when i lay down or sit down or anything and need to move positions i cant my legs hurt SO bad... those little muscly tendon thingies in my groin area HURT to the point where i have to have someone ELSE pick up my legs and DRAG them to what ever position i need to be in....

my quesiton: is it normal to have that much pain where you need someone elses assistance to move around?? im 40 weeks now. thanks

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like your sciatic nerve. I had it REALLY bad throughout my last pregnancy and nothing really helped except hot pads, hot baths, and the occasional darvocet when I was crying and falling to the ground in pain. You'll have your baby soon and then the pressure will be off of that nerve and it should get better right away. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. I know how you feel. Relax as much as you can and take it easy if possible.

((hugs))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• p.s. I noticed that it got worse as my pregnancy progressed, so it's normal for te pain to increase the further along you get. ((hugs again))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• its actually those little muscle things in your groin area that hurt. its when i open my legs or lift them or put on pressure on them....

its sooo bad in the morning because i stay in one position for so long :(
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I hate to say it, but yes. You are so late in pregnancy it is normal to need help. I couldn't walk in my last pregnancy.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh goodness... Yeah, I know what you're talking about now!! I was like that for about 4 days before I delivered!!!! It was horrible! Sort of feels like someone is stabbing you right by your hoo-ha.. ugh! Yeah, that is called, oh shoot I know this... Blah. Yeah, it's just those muscles stretching in preparation for labor. I called my OB and my doula for it bc it hurt so bad and made me fall. I literally couldn't do anything or I'd get that pinchy feeling. My doula and OB also recommended the bath and stuff for that.

The joys of pregnancy, eh? ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• LMAO lol YES!! ugh they hurt so bad sometimes huh?!

lol egh i guess ill just have to push this baby out huh? lol im due tomorrow and we just ate at this restaurant that my sister at ate the night she went into labor with 2 or her kids, my cousin had the same thing happen to her, so did a friend and her mom LOL watch it will not work with me lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN!!! I knew I knew what it was called :D

You'll get that babe out soon enough. My son was 5 days overdue and my daughter 1 day. It's fun waiting, lol. Good luck trying the food thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• actually no anonymous that is in your stomach not your legs....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• That's what my OB said. He said that often right before labor the muscles down low in your stomach will stretch out and cause the sharp shooting pains. He said it was just round ligament pain. I called my doula to verify, and she in turn called the midwife that oversees her and she said the same thing. They both said that it can happen in the groin area also. I'm just going by what they told me. My apologies if I am wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I've been getting them really bad as well.. Sometimes during the night ( on one of my many pee breaks) I have to hold the wall to walk.. It hurts so bad. I'm 38 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2009