I need an energy boost :)

I'm pooped.

As a favor to a friend I babysat all day. I was watching a 1 year old and two year old all day. Then, two 5 year olds once they got out of half day kindergarten. Then for the last 45 minutes there was also a 9 year old.

One of the 5 year olds and the 9 year old were mine.

While tiring, I volunteered to do it, knowing that the 2 year old is pretty wild. He was good for me though, so I really didn't mind all that much. I've forgotten how exhausting young children are.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 8:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Coffee, or wine. LOL. I often realize how much I take the "calm" of my own children for granted when other children are added to the mix and I'm lucky if I have time to sit down and pee. It simply becomes a matter of being in everyroom of the house every other second and it can be tiring even when all the kids are behaving. They just DO so much.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• :) always good to get a refresher on small child exhaustion

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• LOL, I feel that way after I watch the granddaughters.... OMG! I know I did it, they are the same years apart as my girls were, but I have not idea how!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Coffee. Enjoy the fatigue, knowing a lively household is good for them and you, AND that hopefully your friend will reciprocate leaving you a Mommy Free Day which is also needed for so many reasons once in awhile
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 12:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• I often realize how much I take the "calm" of my own children for granted~~~~~That's it, right there. My kids are, for the most part, pretty well behaved, and know their manners. I forget that not all kids are mine. They are, by no means, perfect angels. There is many a tantrum and clashing of wills in my house.

Taking some big deep breaths and probably going to bed early tonight. I'm going back tomorrow to do it again; just not all day like today. Today was 9:30ish to 4:30ish. Tomorrow will only be 'till noonish. Good thing I like these kids. Our families are such good friends now I'm called Auntie when we go over there. (This is the same family we D&D with)
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2013