When answering/ responding to a question do you......

1. Answer how you think you should answer. (What would be considered the right or popular answer (even if you may not follow your own advice if faced w/ a similar situation)

2. Let your emotions answer for you (even if you can't relate to the question) (and even if it means coming across as blunt or insensative)

3. Actually try to put yourself in the "asker's" shoes, and answer how you would honestly handle the situation if it were you, even if you've never had to deal w/ something similar or can't relate.

4. Simply throw a few words out there, just to get the credits, and level up

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 8:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Entertainment

• Same as "Kmath". :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Ditto to what KMATH said
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• ^^^ What kmath said.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I do what Kmath said.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Could you be more specific?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• It depends on the question. The ones that appear to be asking a serious question I give an honest answer, to the best of my ability. Sometimes that answer comes across as bitchy or snarky because I don't sugar coat things, and I'm not all that diplomatic.

If the question is stupid or not getting the point of answers given I'll go more for sarcastic and points.

It also depends on my mood. If I find myself consistently answering in bitch mode I'll go do something else until I'm not so grumpy.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• lol... dullscissors.... ???
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• 3!! I put myself in others shoes constantly! my responses make me who I am, I try my best not to judge and give all the benefit of the doubt.

Answer by older at 9:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• There have been a few questions over the yrs. that have seriously had me sitting there w/ my mouth open thinking "what the....." but in all cases I try to answer respectfully and as honestly as poss. I don't try to sugar coat things, but I do try to take people's feelings into consideration. Nothings worse than truly asking a "?" needing some support, or advice, and someone going all bitch mode on you. I do agree that when you ask a "?" on here you have to be prepared to get varied answers, not all of them being exactly what you might want to hear. It's not always easy to just brush stinging comments off though. I guess I just try to respond to others as I'd want others to respond to me, honestly and respectfully.
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• All of the above.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2013