When answering/ responding to a question do you......

1. Answer how you think you should answer. (What would be considered the right or popular answer (even if you may not follow your own advice if faced w/ a similar situation)

2. Let your emotions answer for you (even if you can't relate to the question) (and even if it means coming across as blunt or insensative)

3. Actually try to put yourself in the "asker's" shoes, and answer how you would honestly handle the situation if it were you, even if you've never had to deal w/ something similar or can't relate.

4. Simply throw a few words out there, just to get the credits, and level up

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 8:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Entertainment

• I just answer with the advice I have if I do not know I bump it and move on. some of these are asking serious questions in need of serious answers why play around.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Mainly No. 4.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I try to answer serious questions with advice I would follow myself with the information provided to me through the question or the OP's subsequent posts in any thread. Sometimes all of the necessary information isn't in the title question. I have been guilty of only answering the title question without reading through the body of the question after opening it. I'm trying to get better about not doing that.

I rarely rely on emotion to answer questions.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Quite honestly there are situations on here that in no way I can "put myself in their place" particularly in the relationship section. The stuff people put up with is just beyond me. That said I try to be honest and kind.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• 2 & 3. those are the way I would want some one to answer me with honesty. so I answer thus
    PrettyLady80253

Answer by PrettyLady80253 at 3:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• depends on the question
    I always try to be kind for the most part
    *there are *some* questions that just BEG for sarcasm though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• All of the above.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• There have been a few questions over the yrs. that have seriously had me sitting there w/ my mouth open thinking "what the....." but in all cases I try to answer respectfully and as honestly as poss. I don't try to sugar coat things, but I do try to take people's feelings into consideration. Nothings worse than truly asking a "?" needing some support, or advice, and someone going all bitch mode on you. I do agree that when you ask a "?" on here you have to be prepared to get varied answers, not all of them being exactly what you might want to hear. It's not always easy to just brush stinging comments off though. I guess I just try to respond to others as I'd want others to respond to me, honestly and respectfully.
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• 3!! I put myself in others shoes constantly! my responses make me who I am, I try my best not to judge and give all the benefit of the doubt.

Answer by older at 9:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2013

• lol... dullscissors.... ???
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2013