Did your kids ever freak out on Sleeping Beauty?

My four-year-old started crying at bedtime, saying she was scared to fall asleep because the evil witch from the story might make her stay that way for a hundred years. Dad and I couldn't convince her there were no evil spells, but we finally managed to soothe her with a Native American dreamcatcher that we hung up in her room to capture any bad dreams, and the stars on her Dream Light to watch over her. Have any of your kids ever freaked out on a story like that?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not a specific movie but my older dd did start having bad dreams around then. I gave her some "magic spray" ( water in a spray bottle) that would keep her safe and she could control.

Answer by missanc at 5:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Reality vs fantasy. You have to explain that the things in cartoons can never happen.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• My kids didn't freak over that because I have a dragon collection. but my dd did sneak out and watch Legion. My daughter got pretty freaked about the granny climbing the walls. It took having the Mamaw(grandma) coming over and telling her that grannys only do that when the kids don't do as they are told. so good girls have nothing to worry about. my youngest son has issues with no light still working on that one. he said there are things that will get him. I don't know where he got that. some times I think the superhero movies freak him out but he likes watching them so he won't tell me. (like the aliens in Avengers)
    PrettyLady80253

Answer by PrettyLady80253 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• No my kids never freaked out on any of the shows like that. I mean the first time my youngest at the time maybe 3 or 4 saw the Lion King she cried forever because Simba's dad died. But after a little while she was ok.
    P.johnson

Answer by P.johnson at 12:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• My daughter is three and I wont let her watch the scarier Disney movies yet. Some of them are really bad!! I like the new age shows that are completely non violent.

There is some scary content out there! Poor little kids!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• My kids freaked out about the Wizard of Oz - the witch and those ugly monkeys!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Nope, DS has never had a problem with any movie he has seen.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Is it really any wonder that kids have "bad dreams" after watching disney movies? Disney is neck deep involve in witchcraft and satanism. Do your research before you attack this post. Youtube and google have good resources.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2013