Faith?

I was raised Christian, but I am pegan by choice. I want to raise my kids to have faith in how they feel. Their dad is Christian I want them to have an open mind to find where there heart leads them. any ideas? I have thought about taking them to different churches, teaching them about different religions, introducing them to different views. Does this seem wrong? I don't want to force the way I believe on them, they must follow their own hearts, I don't know the best way to help them find it. I was a history major (to study history you have to study religion to understand why things happen) that is how I found what feels right to me. so I want some honest opinions not bashing. I don't judge others for the way they believe so don't judge me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I am Catholic, so I had my kids baptized.....I practice my religion at home with the celebrations, etc....it is a huge part of our lives. What I don't do is indoctrinate my kids. I tell them the stories and we celebrate....I don't put down other religions and sometimes we wonder and discus what others believe...I ask my kids what they believe and let them know how it changes as they grow....understanding changes, and they each have their own path and if there is a time when they need to explore other traditions I will support them because they are their own people. It seems to work well....The biggest problem is other people in my religion who disagree with me....they have made attempts to indoctrinate my kids....I point out to them what I think is happening with that person, and tell them they are allowed to agree or disagree with that person....I hope that helps you figure it out....I'm figuring it out as I go along.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2013