Separated a year ago from husband, met a new partner straight after and we've been together for 11 month now . I fall pregnant two months ago for him. We moving in together in three weeks should I tell my ex-husband that I am expecting my partner baby since I got a daughter with my husband? What do you call such relationship? Is this going to cause a lot of problem in my divorce process?

Ani aus

Ani8112

Asked by Ani8112 at 7:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• As some of the others have suggested, it's best to consult w/ your legal counsel on this situation. The laws vary. Hopefully it won't complicate things more than they already are. And w/ your current husb's recent cancer diagnosis, I'm hoping for everyone's sake that things will remain civil. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• You can't get divorced until the baby is born. In some states,babies born in a marriage belong to the husband despite the DNA test. Of course you need to tell him you're pregnant!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Check out your country's laws regarding this matter then
    FYI,most of us here are American. We're not familiar with other country's laws and ways

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• How long before the divorce is finalized?  If it will be very soon, wait to tell him.  However it's probably in everyone's best interest to just be up front.  

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• call a lawyer

in US, this baby is legally your husbands child
    in your country- ?- call a lawyer
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• But it's not his baby it's my partner
    Ani8112

Comment by Ani8112 (original poster) at 7:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I am from Australia, I got no idea who to contact, my partner is worried that he will turn nasty, I am worried that he is worried but don't care what the husband think.
    Ani8112

Comment by Ani8112 (original poster) at 7:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I was more thinking the best time would be as soon as I start showing but my little one you can't hide much from her. We are still doing what here we call mediation before a divorce application can get submitted. He also being diagnose with cancer two months ago and want to postpone the mediation. I agree to it but with some term and condition in regards to my daughter sharing custody. He hasn't answer me which I thought I might give him a few weeks to think about it. I told him I want to stay friend and end this in a positive manner for my daughter sake. I can see in his eyes he want me back but I don't want the old style life back and I don't think he will ever change his old attitude. His a nice block but likes to be alone.
    Ani8112

Comment by Ani8112 (original poster) at 8:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• You should be ashamed. Your husband is going through cancer and you can't even wait until the divorce is finalized?
    I am glad at least one in your partnership is concerned about someone other than herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I am not ashamed of my new relationship nor my pregnancy, I been leaving others dreams for 13 years and I am finally happy. Why should I be ashamed of his cancer, for the past years and years I've been with him I devoted to keep this marriage going, I kept every single commitment of mine and all he could think of is how it would be nice to have other woman in bed with us when we making love, thinking of other people while he is fucking me. At least my new partner admire what he see and are satisfied of what is in front of him. He is ready to have a life and enjoy my company, so tell me why should I be ashamed..... If you don't die with cancer nowadays you either die of old age or who knows what. Who are you to judge me .... Judge your self then you judge others
    Ani8112

Comment by Ani8112 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2013