Vacuum Cleaner Recomendations

I am going to be getting my taxes back ,and I am going to have enough money to get a - much needed - vacuum cleaner! But I don't know what to get.

I need something that's relatively light weight - I have some physical issues and can't push the heavy ones.

I need an upright, I can't drag the canisters around.

I need something bagless. Because I absolutely hate bags! They cost way to much and when you run out you can't vacuum til you order new ones. YUCK!

And I need something that's affordable. Dyson's are great, but my car isn't worth $600, there's no way my vacuum will be!

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Sorry- I was gonna say a Dyson. I've had mine for 5 years now & I love it! Never thought I could feel that way about a dang old sweeper, but it's wonderful. I got a good deal on it then & having it last 5 yrs & counting, I'd say that's pretty good. Best suggestion is to check the consumer guide- they rate all the bag-less vacs. Happy cleaning! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Big Lots had Dyson Vacums for $200! I have a hoover wind tunnel, and it works pretty good.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• We don't have pets or anything, so I don't have a hair issue I have to worry about. And I only have carpeting in 2 rooms. So I don't need something to heavy duty. But I do need something - ya know!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• i have a bissell, had it for about 6 years and it's awesome. i only paid about 50 bucks for it . here is a link to their site, this is the one i have http://www.bissell.com/powerforce-bagless-vacuum/

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• There is a bright red vacuum not sure who makes it (Black & Decker). Small and very lightweight.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I would go with a Euro-Pro Shark Navigator or Hoover Wind Tunnel if you won't go for dyson
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• If you want the best you buy an industrial vacum cleaner but then they are very heavy but boy do they hold up and they're really not that much more. I had mine for 12 years before my dd dropped it going down the steps and busted it.

I wouldn't neccessarily get the cheapest as you generally get what you pay for.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I was going to say Dyson as well. You can find them for much better prices than that. I had a few different brands before that, but none that I really liked.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I hate to say it, but I gotta go with Dyson as well! I got sick of pulling a part the cheapies and having them die every other year. If you get the bed bath and beyond 20% off coupon, that can make it affordable. There are probably even better deals on the net as well.
    If you don't need a major one, just get a smaller Dyson. They are cheaper. You WILL save money in the long run, and you can't put a price on the annoyance a cheap machine causes. I've had mine for five years and the few problems I've had were sorted out quickly. The warranty is really good.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I have had several Dyson like models and they are all fabulous for a year and then they work like crap. For hardwoods and none carpet areas I love my Electrolux Stick Vacccum. It swivels, is very light weight and the middle turns into a little vaccuum for smaller places. It sits on a charger so you don't carry around the cord. It is just so so on carpet so a bigger supplemental vaccuum is required. Given your health issues you may still want to look at it or something similar because it is so easy to manuever.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2013