Is it good to get my chuld immunised?

e1w2009

Asked by e1w2009 at 3:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• depends on who you ask.

youll have to make your own decision on that its a very controversial issue with many different views and opinions on it.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you want unbiased opinions, this is not the place to ask.

Do your own research, be careful which sites you read (try to make sure they're unbiased and reputable), don't let anyone "bully' you or "scare" you into a decision either way.

You do have to make your own decision....

My opinion...yes it's good to have a child immunized.

(prepare for this to get nasty...these questions usually do)

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If your not familiar with the steps you have to take to live an unvaccinated lifestyle and all the ins and outs as well as the ins and outs of vaccination, then you probably need to just go with the flow and do what your doc tells you to. Stepping outside the box and either selectively vaxing or not at all is not just a choice, its a way of living. There are other things you must do to boost the childs immune system to help it do what it was meant to do. Really, I am all for a mother making her own choice about it without criticism, even if its different from my choice. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Do your research! THere are some non vaccinating groups on cafemom you could go to for information. Some are excellent groups that require you to post your source for your info! We have decided to vaccinate, but have chosen to delay them a bit. I think there are pros and cons to BOTH sides, and that is why we are delaying a bit!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It is a personal decision. But I talked to my insurance company and without having my son immunised they would not insure him or cover any medical costs. So you need to look into that.
    Nicole_momtobe

Answer by Nicole_momtobe at 10:48 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Nicole..wow! That never even crossed my mind about the insurance! Interesting.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It's good to research the current immunization schedule, possible side effects and so on, and make your own decision.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2009