Tea?

I want to broaden my horizons beyond coffee and sweet iced tea. What would you recommend, and do you prefer any particular brand?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 10:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Food & Drink

• We only buy Celestial Seasonings and usually only like the Mandarin Orange or Peach Passion, I had some Blackcherry something but got kinda tired of it, its good but not 'my cup of tea' anymore... I'm not a big tea fan anyway but now in the winter we drink it quite a bit just to warm up or to help with colds/sore throat/cough/etc.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• It really depends on what flavors you like.

Right now I really enjoy Chai - I have a black chai, a green tea chai and a Tulsi masala chai that I have been alternating. I also drink a lot of flavors that contain mint - like Egyptian Licorice mint by Yogi tea. I also enjoy a cup of Jasmine if I'm in the mood for a light floral flavor.
    I've been buying mostly Yogi brand. I have Allegro too, since DH can bring it home for free.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I love Lipton Orange Passion fruit & Jasmine tea... delicious hot or cold. Inexpensive too.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Green tea is really good for you.... I get this cheap brand that has lemon and it's not the tastiest stuff, but it's nice on a cold day
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• i love english breakfast tea, i switched to that from coffee and they make it in k-cup versions. i also like green tea with berry.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• oh i forgot to add, the english breakfast tea is about the closest tea you'll get to coffee because it's black tea. it does have considerably less caffeine in it than coffee of course, but when you want to gradually grade down from the robust flavor of coffee to something not as strong, black tea is the way to go because it's still has a nice rich flavor.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I love the Citrus Lavender Sage/Opus Rouge Tea Blend from Teavana. Warning..it's on the expensive side for tea. It gives me warm fuzzies.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 10:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Depends on what you like. If I want black tea I like Lahaha. They use larger leaf and if you leave the bag to steep too long it doesn't become bitter. In fact, you can leave the bag in the entire time you are drinking it and it does not make it bitter. They also make a good jasmine tea, but that is decaf. The smell is wonderful, but the taste isn't for everyone. BlueQ's Erase Your Past tea is pretty good too.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I love tea - I drink a wide variety. Chai (not the sweet mix, just the plain bags), green, most herbal flavors, peppermint, but I'm lucky and if I buy a box of bags and don't like them, I have a few relatives that will take them so I don't waste ;o).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Lemon tea, hibiscus tea, apple cinnamon and I love blackberry tea.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2013