my lil one has diarrhea.. some ?'s

My DH is 3 and he has diarrhea. I have changed him 4 times in 3 hrs. What can I give him to help? He is drink water I am making sure he has pleanty of fluids. Is there a bug going around? Also since he is pooping so much his lil bottom is red should I go ahead a put some A+D on him?? Sorry so many questions he has never had diarrhea before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would go ahead and put the A+D on him because it can serve as a protective barrier against the skin to prevent moisture from getting through and breaking him out further. You can also sit him in a warm bath for a while to help with the rash. You said he is 3 years old? I would just make sure that he drinks plenty of fluids, and if you have to give him popsicles, they are better then nothing. But you said he is drinking water, so that is the best. If its only diarrhea and not vomiting, I would try to get him to eat something. Crackers, or plain butter toast. My mother in law says too that you can put a bit of Milk of Magnesia on thier bottoms like ointment and it will clear up rash. I have never tried this since the A+D has always worked for me. Good Luck
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i mean DS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Well hopefully someones still up that can help you. :) I only have experience with 4 month old or less!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think the store sells Childrens Pepto as well, I have never used it, so I can not tell you if it will work or not, or even if a 3 year old can take it. Alot of times I will go to the pharmacy and ask the pharmasist advice about the over the counter treatments, they may be able to reccomend something like the Pepto.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• ya he is 3 yrs old. Should I try and give him pedialyte
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Hope that helps PM me if you have any other concerns. I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old, so I have seen them be pretty sick before. Again, Good Luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yeah he can have some pedialyte
    BabyBeans0506

• I am pretty sure they make them in popsicle form as well. I have a hard time getting my 3 year old to drink when she is sick, so I use popsicles- she thinks they are for fun, and its really so I can get fluids in her.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• ty so much
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh, maybe give him a bit of Tylenol or Motrin too to help with the pain and irratation.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2009