Yes/No

Would you ever let the father of your pregnant teen move in if he wanted to support and raise the baby?
He's 18 she's 15
I have to head to work will be back later to see responses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I have a 3 yr old so I have no idea what you are going through but I remember when my friends and I were 15 yrs old and all the things we did with out our parents knowing. She had sex way before I did and with men that were even older then 18. She even had a boyfriend that was 21. Teenagers will find a way and teenage pregnancy does happen. I hope to never be in this situation. With that said, it would depend on the young man. Not all 18 yr olds are scum bag deadbeat dads. if 18 yrs can fight for this country some are mature enough to raise a child. However you need everything in writing. I would really not consider this an ideal situation because he can help with the baby from afar but it depends on your daughter and this young man's relationship. I wish you all the luck because you will need it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• it depends on the circumstances...I might....then again I might not..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I am pregnant
    TheBarb2000

Answer by TheBarb2000 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• No, not live with us. I would encourage him to a part of his baby's life, but I'm not about to turn what I believe in an unacceptable situation into a big happy sitcom family. They have to face the consequences of their actions, and if they want to be a family, they can do it under their roof, not under mine.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Yes I was aware of the age difference,no I'm not throwing him in jail. Yes he's going to help raise the baby and yes he will stay here as long as he behaves and works. Many people have tried to get her to give the baby up theres still time but I think the decision is final
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• i would throw his ass in jail. I would support my daughter in her decision regarding the baby but I would pray for termination or adoption.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• 15?!?! omg - that isnt the age of consent in my state - he would be in jail.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• That really depends on how many more babies you would like to raise.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2013

• It would depend on the 18 year old. I suppose if I could trust him, he was responsible (other than the mistake of pregnancy) and he worked I might.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• How long have they been dating? Were you aware of the age difference? Either way, like many others have said, I would not be comfortable having my underage dau's BF living in the same house, like it's one big happy family. In 3 years, if she decides to keep the baby, & finishes school, & assuming they are still together, THEN they can play house- somewhere else.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2013