Yes/No

Would you ever let the father of your pregnant teen move in if he wanted to support and raise the baby?
He's 18 she's 15
I have to head to work will be back later to see responses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I have a 3 yr old so I have no idea what you are going through but I remember when my friends and I were 15 yrs old and all the things we did with out our parents knowing. She had sex way before I did and with men that were even older then 18. She even had a boyfriend that was 21. Teenagers will find a way and teenage pregnancy does happen. I hope to never be in this situation. With that said, it would depend on the young man. Not all 18 yr olds are scum bag deadbeat dads. if 18 yrs can fight for this country some are mature enough to raise a child. However you need everything in writing. I would really not consider this an ideal situation because he can help with the baby from afar but it depends on your daughter and this young man's relationship. I wish you all the luck because you will need it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Probably
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• /
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I would find it very hard not to throw that 18 yr old in jail. This just frustrates me, who lets their 15yr old go with an 18yr old? And if that was my 18yr old I would not want him w/a 15yr old.
    I would Not let him move in I don't think and i would not want my 18 yr old moving in with her. They are just one fight away from the parents calling the cops and him have a sex offender record for the rest of his life.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• My only daughter is 10 years old so I have no experience in your situation. So I will say I sympathize and hope the best for you and let my cafemom sisters who have been in your shoes offer their keen advice.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 12:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I'd give it a try... with a lot of rules and boundaries. I'd be quick to kick him out if he turned out to be a dead beat.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Aww hell no!
    Where are HIS parents? Did they throw him out?
    Where were you and his parents when a 15 year old was having sex?
    Why was she not on BC?
    If he's living with you,YOU ARE raising the baby,not him.You're a live in baby sitter.
    Is she still in school? Is she going to get a job too? Is she going to college?
    I'm assuming he's not going to school. College and a full time job is difficult.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I would make him pay whether I decided he could live there or not. Why can't he live at his parents home and support your daughter?
    Are they getting married?
    Unfortunate as this is your daughter is too young to raise a baby and I would be counseling her to give it up for adoption You did ask my opinion. I would also prosecute him for rape. It is still rape in our state. My daughter, well that would depend on her.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• No I would not. She's still 15 and I would not be okay with her "playing house" in my house. I would hope he would be involved and visit often but not live here.

Answer by missanc at 12:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Honestly, I would try to discourage a 15 yr old from becoming a parent, either via adoption or abortion (yes, I know, bash away) but, that's how I feel.

If my DD was 17 or 18, then yes, I would let her 18 yr old bf move in to help, IF and only if he planned on going to school & working.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2013