Yes/No

Would you ever let the father of your pregnant teen move in if he wanted to support and raise the baby?
He's 18 she's 15
I have to head to work will be back later to see responses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Probably not LIVE there but would encourage him to come over and even stay (in separate rooms/beds) as often as possible. I wouldn't want to give my daughter the idea that her situation is "okay" and now she can be one happy family under my roof. I would not purposely make life more difficult for her but I wouldn't give in because it's simply a consequence of getting pregnant underage. Maybe once she turned 18 I would let him move in so long as they were paying rent and had a plan to get out on their own.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• My first reaction is no, I would not let them live together when she is still a minor.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I don't think I could.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• hell no. if she was older, maybe, but 15! id tell the 18 year old to stay away from my DD or id press charges. then id advise my DD to give the baby up for adoption. we have several great adoption agencies here.

did you know your 15 year old was having sex with an 18 year old? i mean...if you allowed that then i dont see why you wouldnt allow him to live there...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• No, they might have more babies. Letting him live with you is like you are condoning them having a child as young as they are, not married, not independent, not really capable of caring for a new baby, your daughter is still a baby. I would turn him in to child support enforcement so quick it would make his head spin as soon as the baby is born. It would be hard for me to keep a calm head over this if this were me. If y'all keep the baby, y'all are going to need lots of help. He should have scheduled visits only. I might let him stay overnight when the baby comes home for the first few nights but no more than that. That way he can see how much responsibility a child is. Let him wake up in the middle of the night and feed and change the baby. Whatever you decide, good luck.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• no but I'd send him a picture of the baby to his jail cell.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I'd give it a try... with a lot of rules and boundaries. I'd be quick to kick him out if he turned out to be a dead beat.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• No.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• No. But I would press charges. In my state age of consent is 16. I would do everything I could to make sure his ass was nailed to the wall. I would do the same if it was a pregnant 18 year old and my son was 15.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• No, not if she's 15. He needs to find he's own living arrangements.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2013