When did you

Potty train your son..how do I know when he is ready. ...he is 13 Months.

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 1:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Okay, maybe I am not one to listen to on this subject, and am sure someone will have something negative to say..... You will know when he is ready, mama's instinct. Every child is different, but yours sounds too young still. Give it time...
    2monstersmommy

Answer by 2monstersmommy at 1:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• he was almost 2 1/2. My daughter was barely 2 (like right around her birthday) and it took both
    maybe 2 weeks.

yours is barely a year old- I'd say wait another year or at least 8 or 9 more months before trying to potty train
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I bought a potty around your son's age and put it in the rest room, I told my son what it was for, and he wasn't too keen on the idea, so I'd let him sit on it when he wanted too, and never forced it.
    He finally got to the point where he wouldn't stay in a wet pamper and told me as soon as he peed on himself and wanted a diaper, so we had the potty talk again, and bought under wear. He wouldn't pee in his under wear, so....
    But he would not poop in the potty. he was so scared , and would ask for a pull up, which we did for quite a while I am embarrased to say, until just recently and he is almost 4....
    My youngest is almost 3 and is just now potty trained..... he has been peeing in the potty because he saw his brother do it, but would go back in a diaper..... I finally told both of them that was it, I wasn't buying any more pull-ups and it was the potty or their under wear. He took it like a champ, and has done amazing!
    2monstersmommy

Answer by 2monstersmommy at 1:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I think mine is too young right now but my hubby family says he need to be off diapers ..and I was not sure
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Tell his family to Google the ages. 13 months is still a baby!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Started trying at 2. He was trained just after his 3rd birthday, once he "got it". Took him most of a year to figure out.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Thank you eveyone
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I'm with idareyou...Mine was the same. 3 is good for boys...I think that's when they finally get it.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• My DD is 2 1/2 and she did great potty training for a week and then stopped and wanted diapers again. We're not pushing it on her right now. We're waiting until she's fully ready herself to kick them diapers outta here! :)
    jeffsgirl9

Answer by jeffsgirl9 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2013