Have you ever been to Alaska? If so, which parts? If not, would you like to? I have not but I would like to - it looks so beautiful.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• It is on my bucket list to take an alaskan cruise and train tour
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I would love to go to Alaska! I love the snow!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• i lived in Anchorage for 2 years and 2 summer/winters while in college (early 2000s). it was okay. its a very beautiful state, but i would never ever want to live there again. visit, sure! but not to live. winter is miserable there, we'd go to school in the dark and come home in the dark, 4-6 ft of snow was the norm from Nov to March. and i love snow haha. but the summer is nice...we use to go hiking until 2 am b/c the sun was still up haha. i never got to go very far north, but i visited a lot of places south of Anchorage and Valdez.

so yeah its a beautiful place to vacation/visit, but not so great to live there (when you're from somewhere else).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• It's on my bucket list. i have heard from numerous people it is breathtaking.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I want to go! DH has relatives that live there now, some that have moved away from there (work related or they'd have stayed), and some that are moving there this spring. Someday, I will get there!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Yes! A friend of mine is stationed up there and posts pics all the time. Her backyard is literally vast snow capped mountains, a creek and trees and endless wilderness. She has literally seen a midnight sun. It's amazing
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Oops- meant yes as in I'd like to go btw!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I have never been but would definitely love to go! Two of my friends live there and its so neat to see the pictures they post on FB. Snow covered mountains and moose! My husband wishes he could get stationed there and I'd be all for it!
    Trajik003

Answer by Trajik003 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I have not been there..but my older brother lived there for 2 years for his work. he absolutly loved it. this was a few years back..so I dont recall exactly where. It does seem nice!
    NCSJ26

Answer by NCSJ26 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2013