my 9 month old feel hit her head and has a goose egg shoul i take her to the er to be safe

also has a little skin mark where blood was brought underneath the skin but not bleeding

WrightTiff

Asked by WrightTiff at 3:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sigh
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• did she lose consciousness? throw up? can't stay awake? Acting drunk?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• And by all means, stop and create a CM account before you call the pediatrician......

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Call her Pediatrician & ask them their opinion first. Don't let her go to sleep for at least 3 hours. Keep her upright & awake. If she loses consciousness, vomits, pupils are dilated, seems lethargic then go to the ER ASAP!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• What butterflyblue said. Also check her pupils to see if one is open more than the other. This could indicate a concussion.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I did that all they said was if I was concerned about it to take her to the er lot of help they where and thanks for ur help also in being a smartass about it lots of help this website is
    WrightTiff

Comment by WrightTiff (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• When in doubt hun, go for the safety net, take her....

Answer by older at 3:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• and I do believe if she lost consiciousness threw up and was acting funny i would already b at the er. shes acting fine just trying to reach out to other moms and get options
    WrightTiff

Comment by WrightTiff (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• eye rollinghow about next time you mention all that 1st?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• As bad as this sounds, my baby fell down ten basement stairs when she was about one.. It was the scariest thing ever!!!! She had the biggest, ugliest goose egg ever! So I rushed her to the hospital. They said if she cries immediately, that is a good sign. Dont let her go to sleep for an hour and keep an eye on her. If she throws up or starts acting weird.. take her. It sounds like she is okay though! :)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2013