Do you think I can lose 100 lbs in 10 months?

I really want to lose weight before my family goes on vacation. I started Herbalife at the beginning of this year and I have to say, I feel great. I lost 10 lbs already. I know people say that it gets harder to lose weight once you hit a plateau in a couple of months but I am determined. Has anyone ever lost 100 lbs in a year? Does anyone know anyone who has?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know anyone that has. I would just focus on losing as much as you can before the event. Are you really going to be mad at yourself for only losing 60 or 70? Don't get too hung up on the numbers. Any loss is a good loss.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I would love to lose 10! i think a great goal would be 50, as you accumulate muscle with fat loss the numbers dwindle. try inches
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• If you really put your mind to it! Good luck!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Take it one step at a time. You can lose 100 lbs in 10 months if you're drastically overweight. Taking supplements, diets will only take you so far. You're going to have to have an eating change as well as exercise if you want to lose it and keep it off.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Only if you have a gastric bypass
    it's hard to maintain a steady 2.5 lb loss per week

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• That is a HUGE goal, and I think it's pretty unrealistic to be honest. 50lbs is possible in a year but 100 -not unless you do it in a really unhealthy way and even then...doubtful I think
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• you can lose 40 pound with a extrict healthy diet and exercise program
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• A friend of mine lost that much in under a year, but she was a bit crazy. She put herself on what she called an Atkins vegetarian diet, only eating fruits, veggies, and beans, no grains.

Doctors recommend no more than 2 lbs a week. You can do it in a year, but it will take a lot of willpower and exercise.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Be sure your Dr. is aware of how much and how quickly you wish to lose. It can be dangerous to lose too much to fast. But that depends on you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I'd be more concerned with inches. When you gain muscle your numbers may not be what you want but if you do inches you'll see results. Muscle weights more than fat. I say go big or go home. I usually give my self two goals. One more achievable and the second one for if I reach my first. No matter what you do, do it health. Fast and crazy dieting usually come back slow health may take longer but in the long run your more likely to stick with it and is better for your body. Good luck.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2013