What seating method did you use for your child's potty training?

Did you use an insert to go into and adult toilet or did your child have their own potty chair? And why or why not did you like it? Is one easier than another for a boy, because I'm going to start potty training my 2yr old son, and wasn't sure which type of seat to use.

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 3:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• We bought the Baby Bjorn potty chair for my son. He never would use it. He said it hurt his heiney & actually did make his backside red. So since he preferred to pee like his daddy, we just got the potty seat with handles & front cup thing for the regular toilet & a stool. It worked out much better for poopin. :) GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• started for the first bit with the potty seat and then quickly realized I couldn't tote the potty around in the wal mart etc so carried the insert in a diaper bag

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• We had both. My 1st, 2nd and 3rd trained on the insert. My 4th trained on the potty chair but quickly moved to the insert. My 5th is currently training on the insert. It's just easier not having to dump/clean out the little potty every time.

Answer by missanc at 4:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• For his age I would suggest you place him to sit on the toilet and teach him how to aim in the bottom of the toilet . Once he get that skill develop then a small stan d in front of the toilet is useful for him to stand on and you need to explain to him what is going to happen, to aim straight in the hole by also leaning forward. Father is good trainer for boys but you demonstrate too.
    Ani8112

Answer by Ani8112 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• My five year old used the insert, he still does to poop in the toilet because he is so skinny and small that his little butt falls through.
    XandersMomma07

Answer by XandersMomma07 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2013