Would seeing this make you sad too?

A friend of the family died yesterday after a long battle with cancer. Today would have been his birthday and on FB it is reminding people to wish him a happy birthday. So people that do not know he has died are sending him birthday wishes. Now his poor wife and children will have to see these birthday wishes.

It just makes me sad. My dad died last year and it was so painful that I couldn't have handled it if I saw people wishing him happy birthday the day after he died.

D:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• No it wouldn't.. They don't know he passed away. I would be proud that they are taking time to wish him happy birthday.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• No I would not be sad, cause they do not know and atleast they are still thinking of him.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I bet the people who are sending him Birthday wishes will feel badly when they find out. My Dad passed away in March & my Mom is still getting condolence cards. When she gets them she breaks down all over again. I really think that after say 3 months that people should just let the family have peace. So sorry about your Dad :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Honestly, if they do not know, I feel more bad for the people wishing him a happy birthday because they are likely to feel very bad or stupid themselves for doing. that.

One of DH's cousins died a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if no one knows the password or if her immediate family decided to just keep her page up, but there is one lady that keeps posting pictures on there with captions such as "Carol, remember this?" or "I loved you in that dress!" Those types of things I find weird. Shortly following death is one thing, but years later? I mean...HELLO...Carol isn't lounging around in Heaven checking FB.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• :( Deceased facebook members make me sad too. Seeing the birthday reminders and old comments. Or apps that generate randomly from your friends and tell you they want you to play a game.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I take it that they don't have his password & can't announce that he's deceased? I think there's a way to contact FB & let them know.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I keep seeing that kind if stuff on my aunt's page. She passed last Feb and I think there may be some people who still don't know what happened.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2013