soreness from too many vaginal exams? what can I use?

I just had my son in Dec, and was having some problems with passing tissue, I had alot of exams down there .. probably 3 in one week ,
a total of 8 or more a ltogether, I am extremely sore down there
whenever i put any pressure or try to sit up it goes numb, and i get needles in my vaginal area, I dont want to bring this up and have yet another vaginal exam that would only make it worse. my family doctor said monistat was ok for soreness, but is there anything else? Something that would make it heal faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Health

• I would say try Sitz Baths... I had to have a TON of exams at one point too and between the latex, the lube and as much going on down there as was, I ended up RAW. Also holding a damp cool wash cloth down there seemed to help, following post delivery care when it came to wiping, (you know the pour water and blot instead of wipe) and of course,refraining from any activity down there, including douching, sex or anything else.
    CALL your OB and mention it. Tell them what you think is going on and if there is any topical cremes you can take. MAKE SURE you tell them that you will not come in for another exam until you feel your body has had some time to recup. Doctors so often forget that we are still human when they are poking and proding. Best of luck and I hope this resolves itself quickly for you!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• if its really that bad you should definately go to your OB.

dont take just any kind of medicine / cremes until you know for sure what will help you.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• am 99% sure its just sore from too many exams..
    I am at least going to hold off a week, getting an exam now would only make it worse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• for awhile i was getting an exam 2-3 times a week
    would cold packs or heat help?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009