How much is appropriate for a players mom to be talking to my husband, even if it just about soccer??

my daughter is on a club soccer team and my husband attends all practices and games. i have 2 other kids at home, so i don't attend all practices, but do go to all games. practices are 3 times a week for a couple hrs each time. during these practices, my husband has been the 'soccer dad' as most of the moms show up and the dads occasionally as well. with all the time spent together, naturally friendships will build and phone #'s are exchanged, etc. My problem is this- there is a woman (mom of a player) that is calling/texting my husband a lot, more than i am comfortable with. they speak only about soccer- problems with the team, etc. my husband is a very kind man, humerous and easy to like. i know because that is why i fell for him myself. he does tend to innocently flirt by way of teasing, joking etc. and they over the summer seemed to really have built a friendship. I am friends with her, and i don't think anything romantic

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• she will call him upwards of 20-30 min. sometimes. not a chain text- individiual texts. it is the closeness that i am not happy with, not the content. the inside jokes, her saying "ur such a smart ass" , you're so funny, etc... blah!! i think it feeds his ego and that is why he continued for so long, until i told him otherwise.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I would tell your dh either end that crap yourself or I'll do it for you with her. But you have to be willing to confront her, otherwise your dh will just blow it off if you're not serious.
    Anonymous

• I think it's inappropriate.  Your DH should tell her he's busy.  I don't know how old your son is sports get very competitive as kids get older, and the lady may mean well, but its inappropriate.  

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I don't have a problem with her, if she's just talking about the game. Your husband, I'd give a good kick to.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• "he has always been this way and doesn't ever see how inappropriate it is, and how rude it is to me"
    Ok, so your dh has always been a flirt yet you expect him (after 20 years of apparently being ok with it) to suddenly stop just because you are uncomfortable with the person? Sorry, but no matter how many times you say otherwise, I think you are jealous. Would you be feeling the same way if it was a guy he was talking to?
    Sorry if I seem a little upset by this, but I happened to be in the same situation except I was the other woman (as in the same position as the woman texting your dh). I was texting (and still do text) a guy friend of mine all the time just to give me someone to talk to. I don't have alot of female friends anyway, and never really have. Anyway, his soon to be ex (seperation/divorce has nothing to do with me) and her parents started spreading around that we were having an affair.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• This is your jealousy and you have to deal with it. Your husband isn't allowed to have female friends? You say it's all about soccer, that there's nothing going on, nothing romantic, so where's the problem?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• My husband is a coach and has been for 20 plus years, I have never had a parent act this way, yes a lot of them do talk to him about the games and practices also what they can do to help their child do better but I do feel this lady is crossing a line, she is spending too much time reaching out to your hubby, maybe she is an attenion seeker, I would talk with him and let him know he needs to ignore her more than responding everytime she calls\texts.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2013