not a question...a celebration!!

Recently, here in western WA we had a few puppy mills busted and about 400 plus dogs were confiscated. It was posted in th Everett Herald that the ppl had until Friday to pay $72,00.00 in fines or lose the dogs. Well they couldn't come up with the money so the puppies get to be adopted to good homes!!! They said it will probably be over a month so they can be evaulated by vets and some need fostering to get them ready to go to homes!!
I hear so much BAD news on here I just wanted to share some good news
I am REALLY bad about doing the links thing but I can tell you if you to www.heraldnet.com and search about puppy mills you get all the info about the story.
BTW, I have a schnahuahua who will be getting a new brother or sister once the puppies are available!! I'll be a new mom just like some of you!!

WAganma56

Asked by WAganma56 at 5:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Well good for you! I protest them all the time also and would never buy a pup from anyone but the breeder or aspa,humane so, etc. I would love to foster, some, but in Fl, I am to far away. I do foster tho for my city.I love it...Thanks for sharing GOOOD NEWS!
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 1:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yay! My hubby's stationed at Bangor, so we've been hearing all about it too.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think people who own Puppy Mills should be punished! I'm glad the dogs/puppies mentioned are getting a second chance for a good life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• YIPPEE!!!! (Send them over here to the east side of the state will ya?) I was searching for a puppy last spring and ran into a couple of them. I turned them in but the authorities weren't too interested and nothing ever happened. I finally found a corgi breeder way over in Hood River, OR. who is FANTASTIC, and got my baby from her. She even split the distance and drove all the way to Hermiston where we met her and took delivery! ( 2 hour drive one-way for each of us) That was when gas prices were so high. I'm so glad they are finding homes for all those poor dogs, and hope they have long lives with loving owners. I valso hope the pervious owners, if you can call tthem that, will get long prison sentences. I cannot stand people who abuse helpless animals or babies/children.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Send the authorities who busted the felons, I meant in the above> sorry>>
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• that is great news! i love to hear of puppy mills finally getting in trouble for all the abuse they put those poor animals through.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2009