Kentucky Mommas? Can you tell me if you have heard this?

I just saw this on the news that the Kentucky Senate is going to vote on increases in taxes for Cigarettes and Alcohol. It is suppose to add 30 cents per pack of cigarettes, and a 6% increase of tax on alcohol. Anyone heard of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Basically it's medicaid for kids from families that make less than $80k/yr.
    The KY tax will be in addition to the $1/pack increase the feds are adding for SCHIP, so you probably won't even notice the 6% change in comparison.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i dont live there but i know thats one of the cheapest places to get em.....well at least back in the day they was.
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 5:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yeah I live in South Shore, Ky. I don't smoke but my hubby does about 2-3 pks a day. OUCH
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Back home in Maryland, they rose cigg. prices... the went from about $3.50 to over $5.00.... so glad i moved to the south!! (GA)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yes, this just passed the senate and is going to the house for a vote. I'm in KY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I don't live there but they did this years ago in MI. I drank and smoked back then but I still was not upset...I should not smoke it is bad for me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Cigs are going up again in April to pay for SCHIP.
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• whats SCHIP?
    Anonymous