Well.... Here it is!

UPDATE

I went to my appt today for the specialist and the news wasn't good. I have a retinal tear and need surgery. I am so freaked out because I have no way of paying for this surgery. The dr said right off that it is going to be an expensive fix.

He wanted me to go in tomorrow but there is no way I can just drop 7,000-10,000. I am so upset and I have no clue what I am going to do. No one wants to insure me because of my height and weight and now I have something pre-existing.

I even asked him that if I am able to do the surgery will it help me or just maintain what I have... And of course just maintain what I have is what he said. He said there is a possibility that it may improve but it's pretty much 50/50 chance.

Need some cheering up so I may watch a funny movie if I can see it. My eyes are still dialated so everything is still a lil fuzzy...lol
WTF?!?!? :0/

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Health

• Hugs mama, I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this right now. That just royally sucks!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Most doctors/hospitals will work out a payment plan with you or look into financial aid through the hospital. Many places will look at your income and determine how much you should be able to afford. My DH went to urgent care for a horrible stomach bug and 2 saline bags, anti-nauses pills, and $700 later he was feeling much better. We talked to the nurse and she had us fill out a financial aid form and when it was all said and done we paid a $75 down payment and an additional $125 which was the 25% we were able to afford based on our income.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2013