Birth Certifcate Question

Okay so I am legally married to a man that I have not seen in eight years. I have a boyfriend we have been toghter that long as well. We have a seven year old daughter together when she was born I named my hoyfriend as the father on the birth certifcate. I was wondering now thst I finally have filed for divorce can the court change her birth certifcate since I did not name the husband as the father.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• If you're married, your husband is considered the father unless a DNA test says otherwise.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Actually, so long as the boyfriend signed an acknowledgement of paternity at the hospital the boyfriend is legally the child's father. If not then thehusband would have been on the birth certificate.
    Anyways the courts don't Change a birth certificate just because you get divorced. Whoever is on the birth certificate will still be on it regardless. If either party (your husband or your boyfriend) wishes to fight that then a paternity test would be done.
    I'm not oging to pry as to why you bothered to even get married when you've been with your boyfriend for just as long as you've been married. EIther you're a lying whore or a complete moron as it took 8 years to finally get your ass in gear and divorce your husband, regardless of "circumstances"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• In some states they ask if there was any child conceived during the marriage (though not by whom) and/ or if there were children in the marriage (steps) and they get included in the decree

This is really a state by state issue, best discussed with an atty
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

__
    YOu need to check with your state laws.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• court will not change BC
    but they will make a DNA test taken to make divorce final- if you are honest on the "are there children" question

but dna test is pretty cheap- maybe 100 dollars each party
    unless husband is hard to find- then it may be costly
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• "I'm not oging to pry as to why you bothered to even get married when you've been with your boyfriend for just as long as you've been married. EIther you're a lying whore or a complete moron as it took 8 years to finally get your ass in gear and divorce your husband, regardless of "circumstances"

KristiS, do everybody a big favor and take this quote from "The Oppenheimer Project" to heart:

"You oughta stop playing God, 'cause you're no good at it, and the position's taken!"
    Anonymous

• Only if a DNA test is/was done to determine that your husband is the father and not the boyfriend.

I was technically still married to my ex when I had my son. My then boyfriend (now hubby) and I both signed an affidavit of paternity, swearing that he was the father before they put his name on the birth certificate.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• "You oughta stop playing God, 'cause you're no good at it, and the position's taken!"

How is that playing God, I'm not smiting her. I don't have that power, just telling it like it is. Something you apparently are unable to do. It's okay you can live in your little delusion. It doens't change the facts
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• It varies on your state laws on this one. There should have been a portion of this childs birth certificate that your "husband" had to sign off on in order to make it legal for your lover to be listed. Why did it take you this long to get divorced ? Whose child is this ? Are you seeking child support ? Does this child know who their father is ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Im a bit confused, who is the childs biological Father? From what I can understand it was your boyfriend at the time, and he is already on the birth certificate, so what exactly are you trying to change? Or do I have this all wrong.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2013