Do you get tired of

people asking you to support thier causes?

I do, I get probably one request week. I dont ask anyone else to support a cause that I do, I think its a personal choice as to what you support. And then when you dont and they send a second hint to see if you are going to help, that really irks me.

Dont get me wrong, if you happen to mention it, blog about it or put onFB hey I am supporting this cause if you would like to help, that is a blanket statement not just to me so thoe dont bug me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2013 in Money & Work

• I agree, the blanket statements just advising everyone that they are associated with a cause, are fine. I do that when I am involved with a cause, but I only directly message those I know have some tie to the issue, which in my case is cancer research. I message once, and only once. I think I would get irked if someone messaged again, to remind me. If you wanted to contribute, you would have the first time.

I would say, for your own peace of mind, it would be okay to message back, and explain that you have a few select causes that you have chosen to support, and while you applaud their enthusiasm, you are not able to take on any more causes.

one person can only do so much
    rms713

Answer by rms713 at 6:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Not really because no one asks me. I don't Facebook and I have a No Solicitors sign on my door... LOL... Life's good.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• Nobody asks me and I'd say no anyway,
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I get asked to donate SO often it's crazy. I limit it to 6 donations a year. First come first serve.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2013

• I get asked at the market at check out , it is usually on the the screen, yes or no
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2013