Why is it so wrong for him

my son is about to end the T.E.I.S program friday he will be three well he has an opption to get in another program its like preschool but it helps with speach potty trainning other fields he needs a lil work plus where he is an only child he will be with other toddlers but thier is some family memebers giving me a hard time about it telling me that thats the nuttyest thing that they ever heard they dont even think kids needs preschool. the reason they think this is because one person in the family is a teacher. her thoughts about it is he will get bored in school the only reason i wanna do it is where he will get to be around other toddlers his own age and i think it would be great for him am i wrong for thinking this way.

brittany1983

Asked by brittany1983 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Your child, your rules.
    If he is in an advanced program then he might get bored at school eventually, but if this is just mostly for socialization and learning classroom procedures, he may actually end up better behaved than those that haven't been to preschool when kinder finally rolls around for him. He will know that the class is supposed to listen to the teacher and will know more about taking turns and sharing. Don't rely on other people to tell you how to raise your children.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Any additional training is only a ++++++++++++++++++. Don't listen to anyone tell you different.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Not all children are the same and you know your child the best. If your three year old needs help with speech and potty training and you appreciate professional help supporting you as a mom then I don't see why it is a bad thing. Social skills are important. I have an only child and found preschool to be very beneficial even at 3. Potty training, speech, numbers, letters are BIG things for that age.--not boring
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2013