Why is it so wrong for him

my son is about to end the T.E.I.S program friday he will be three well he has an opption to get in another program its like preschool but it helps with speach potty trainning other fields he needs a lil work plus where he is an only child he will be with other toddlers but thier is some family memebers giving me a hard time about it telling me that thats the nuttyest thing that they ever heard they dont even think kids needs preschool. the reason they think this is because one person in the family is a teacher. her thoughts about it is he will get bored in school the only reason i wanna do it is where he will get to be around other toddlers his own age and i think it would be great for him am i wrong for thinking this way.

brittany1983

Asked by brittany1983 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Honestly with the way you "speak" and lack of ability to spell correctly, the program would be a great for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Social skills are just as important as book smarts.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• you are his mother, there is no reason for a parent to pass by an opportunity for thier child to soar.
    If you feel this is benefcial for him then sign him up.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• It's none of their business. If you think this will be good for him then go for it.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• PS - I'm in France. 95-100% of all 3-5 year olds go to "Ecole Maternelle" - a sort of pre-school - and, trust me on this, none of them get bored in school :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Most children these days go to preschool, and I think that it's good when possible to send your child. It helps prepare them for regular school socially and by building their skills and their attention spans.

As others have said, don't worry about what anyone else thinks, this is your decision, do what you believe is best for your child.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Not all children are the same and you know your child the best. If your three year old needs help with speech and potty training and you appreciate professional help supporting you as a mom then I don't see why it is a bad thing. Social skills are important. I have an only child and found preschool to be very beneficial even at 3. Potty training, speech, numbers, letters are BIG things for that age.--not boring
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• my kids both love pre school. they do not get bored. and where i am in my almost all the kids go to pre school since it is offered though the school district. ignore the other people. if you think it is going to be good for him then let him go.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I think he will love it, and will do great things! I believe you know what's best for your son. Trust your instinct on this one.
    rms713

Answer by rms713 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• bored at pre school?
    i think opposite

do not listen to them
    you are correct, pre school would be a benefit
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2013