What are the chances of telling the baby's sex at only 12-12wks on a ultrasound??

Do you know of anyone whos has been told that early and were they right or wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sorry 12-13 wks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I found out my sons was a boy at 15 weeks... he was flaunting himself all over. It is possible- but don't get your hopes up for it
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• its possible. but most women wont get to know for sure until later on in pregnancy.

always depends on if the baby is "showing" or not. it also depends on the mommy-to-be. i always had a lot of belly fat, so it wasnt that easy to see until i was 25 weeks. and our little munchkin didnt want to show what she was before that ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I could tell at 14 weeks but the tech wouldn't say
    metallicakh39

Answer by metallicakh39 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• According to this link you can http://articles.directorym.com/Week_by_Week_Pregnancy_Guide-a939248.html  but I was always told it's better between 18-24 weeks.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I was told at 12 weeks and it was correct with all three of my children. It's really dependent upon the technician and whether they are awesomely skilled.

I personally didn't believe it myself until I saw the 'goods' in ultrasound photos that were ultra clear.

With my daughter, because I waited so long for her --- I simply couldn't believe it no matter how many times anyone told me ---until she was born.

:)
    PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 8:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• They confirmed my daughter was a girl at our u/s at 18 weeks. Like the pp I couldn't believe it because I had waited so long for a girl. They made a video of it for me and I would pull that thing out once a week through the whole pregnancy just to reassure myself that really was a girl in there.

Good luck!
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 9:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• it is very rare to be able to tell. its so earlly in developement.. most of the tiem drs will do anouther ulta sound at 22 weeks (or right around there) i had multipal u.s. with all and even with my second they could never tell cause she was always turned the wrong way.
    tracymommyof5

Answer by tracymommyof5 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I was one of the lucky ones who was able to tell at barely 12 weeks. First off I am TINY and was losing weight like mad. They needed to check a few medical things which is why I had a vaginal ultrasound done. My husband and I were AMAZED at how clearly we could see him! He was moving around and we both could tell it was a boy though the tech said we couldn't be certain simply because of how early it was. But we SAW it and we KNEW. After the vaginal ultrasound they then did a topical one (which is the normal one to have where they view the child from your belly). I couldn't even tell that there was a child in there. It was soo unclear and like all the ultrasound pictures I had seen before. I wouldn't expect to know unless they did a vaginal ultrasound that early and if you are lucky enough to have your child flaunt it for you, plus telling it's a boy is easier than telling it's a girl. Chances are low but it can happen
    supergirl023

Answer by supergirl023 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I was 18 weeks when they told me I was having a daughter.
    nomadbrat83

Answer by nomadbrat83 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2009