croup??

my son might have this is it a cold of some sort a virus... can someone give me an idea or definition..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/croup.html
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It is a bacterial virus and has a barking cough attached to it. Lots of congestion as well.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It is a nasty cold virus. There are no medications for it...it's a cold. Just treat it as you would a cold and watch for stridor (sharp sound when taking a breath) If stridor starts, call the doctor.

The virus settles in the throat (adults have it when they have sore throats and/or laryngitis). It tends to multiply at night which is why the barking cough seems to be always when they're sleeping. It causes inflammation in the throat.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Some children need steriods when they get croup these can be given in a shot or a oral treatment. And some need breathing treatments. Some like my son need epi (epinephrine) to one their airways.

Keep a eye on your child. Look at his bare chest when he is having a croup ( cough/brak ) attack. If his chest is dipping in he needs to be seen. If he gets a fever that isn't responding to treatment call a doctor.

I hope your little on is feeling better soon
    RileysMommy1004

Answer by RileysMommy1004 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My children get the croup alot until I started given them this:

my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. Endorced by over 6000 doctors - I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2009