what would you have done?

so my hubby loooves to drink and when he does he gets ignorant as hell. last night he was trashed calling me and my kids(his stepkids) names and throwing things. i told him to quit or i was calling the cops and he just kept saying really ignorant shit so i told him again to shut up and he wouldnt so i punched him in the face. that shut him up. was i wrong? what would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Men abusing women is one of my huge peeves. I'm sorry but I believe a punch is the least he deserved. No one, most especially my husband, would act that way in front of my kids and live. You need to decide now whats more important, your kids or your husband. And choose wisely, you will be affecting your kids futures forever.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No I don't think your wrong, when he sobers up he will realize that a punch in the face is better then jail.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No you werent wrong but if hes making a habit of this then he likely has a problem with alcohol. You need to confront him when hes sober and tell him that you think he has a problem and that until he gets some help you dont want alcohol in the house or around the kids because of the way he behaves. The kids dont need to see this, and neither you or the kids need to be victims of any sort of abuse (verbal, etc) when hes drunk.

Answer by gemgem at 7:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yes, it what was wrong. It's never OK to put your hands on someone else unless defending yourself. ( If any of those things he was throwing hit you then yeah.) Him name calling is not right either. Yes he was an a** but I would have called the cops and have his drunken self taken away. Then before I let him come home he would have to seek treatment. I would still talk to him when sober about getting help and sorry you and your children had to go through that.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• nope i would have done the same... he needs to seek help or get out...jmo... but he is a danger to you and your kids it sounds like..

he could have easily attacked you...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Thats assult and a bad example to set for your kids...I would have called the cops and he would have learned that when I say something I mean it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I agree with gemgem 100%. I also want to add, try getting a video camera and recording his behavior when he's drunk. Play it back when he is sober and let him see for himself the effects of drinking and how it effects the family......!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• what he was doing to us was abuse also whats good for the goose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I also think a video tape of his behavior would be a good thing. Maybe seeing how terrible his behavior is will be a wakeup call.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• He should try to quit drinking, sounds like he has a problem that is causing you and the children unneeded stress. Family counselling is something to look into before the problem escalates. The kids are suffering most, they dont deserve to be insulted or see their guardians resort to violence. You were wrong for assulting him, and allowing the youths to witness all of this. Couldn't you have removed yourself and them away from the drunk guy? You probably know not to hit people, even if they are being belligerant. You are an adult you could go to jail for second degree assult. Think before you react.
    GINSMUM123

Answer by GINSMUM123 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009