Why is it that every man I would like to get to know better only wants to get into my bed?

I don't have a "neon" sign on my forehead that says "Needs to be laid." I'm not a damsel in distress. I'm definitely not of those Edith Bunker types who waits on her man's every wishes. I've chosen to be platonic and am content with that.

I'm a 47 yr old single Mom who is strong, independent, attractive and speaks her mind. I dress conservatively or home bummy. I've gota lot of stresses but hey, I manage em one day at a time.

Still, what gives with the men these days who don't care what you're saying because all they're thinking is "Wonder how she'll be in bed?" Or, they find someway to try and get intimate without caring about whether you feel that way or not? I've made my feelings very clear on this and alotta men can't seem to handle rejection and they act like that skunk in Pepi La Phew except this kitty cat doesn't run!

Please don't try to tell me that I carry myself like a slut, or dress like one, or project

Ewadun

Asked by Ewadun at 7:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• You're seen as a challenge! Men LOVE the chase...not so much the follow-up! Besides, eventhough you are not INTENTIONALLY sending out signals that you're looking for someone....confidence IS very sexy!

This article gives a little more insight to how a lot of women think...so I think the opposite is true when it comes to women--who for whatever reason are "spoken for!"

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I definitely know the feeling. The pickings are real slim these days!!!! Seems like they are more interested in what they can get, not even interested in knowing more than your first name. If even that.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• AWW, I would never say those things to you or anyone else. Maybe where you are meeting these so called potential men isn't a good spot and just need to look elsewhere? I know a lot of people are skeptical of online dating sites but have you considered that if you are looking?

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• because all men want to put a women to bed... men are like dicks in jars for us....platonic? yeah right, men dont want friends lol they want a sexy woman lol...
    himnme

Answer by himnme at 8:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2009