Freaked out

yesterday i was sitting in a chair, facebooking on my phone when all of a sudden i heard this loud vibrating sound in my head. it was almost like a truck driving by or idling nearby. it really scared me, i didnt have any other symptoms (other than panic) and as soon as i stood up it stopped. then it kind of happened again later at night, again while sitting, but this time it was like a plane in the distance flying over. i quickly ran outside to see if i would hear it out there but all was quiet. so i am definitely hearing these sounds in my head. today im on edge expecting it to happen again. ive always been real sensitive to low sounds. i cant stand when the radio is turned almost all the way down to where you can only hear the bass, it drives me up a wall. what could this be? im really freaked out and afraid to google because usually you see the worst that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2013 in Health

• IDK. I would suggest a call to your Dr. and ask if they would recommend going to an ENT and then go from there.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• It may be a form of a migraine without the achy part. You may want to contact your doctor just to be sure though! It's probably nothing.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2013

• I'm not sure but it could possibly be tinnitus. I mainly say this because I've experienced tinnitus myself and the sounds can be pretty loud at times. I wouldn't worry, but if it keeps up be sure to mention this to your doctor.

EponaMT

Answer by EponaMT at 1:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2013